Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2009.....Here we come!

Goodbye 2008....Here we come....2009!

It has been a very different year. It is mostly my fault for us not coming to church. We probably went maybe 10 times during the whole year. Not good! It was so early though. And it was so much easier to just sleep and then wake up after 1130. I miss seeing my husband and Tim (my son) all dressed up in dress pants and sometimes a tie. It hasn't been good for us though to miss it. It just got too easy to miss it. And then when I would think I wanted to go I was afraid of being rejected by Michael or Tim. And I don't want to go by myself. It is lonely. And I am afraid of what if they get too comfortable with not going that they won't be ready to start going when I am ready. But 2009....here we come! We have missed out on learning. We have missed out on sitting together while learning about Christ and feeling the closeness of us being together. Not doing anything else except sitting next to each other and listening and learning. No conflict...no TV.....no phone.....no stress from life. I hope my daughters will come with us too. Some of the new people in the ward haven't even seen my daughters. I talk about them but it's almost like I have made them up. he he They do exist! They are real!

My dear friend KR has been so concerned about us. She is a very good friend. She has listened to my concerns, my stress, my hurt feelings, my questions etc. She has been there for me. I love her very much. KR was sent to me by God. He knew that I needed her. That she would be good for me. And then God picked another soul to be my friend too...My new visiting teaching partner, DB is great. I never really 'knew' her much. I knew who she was but she kind of intimidated me because she is so sure of herself and out going and fun. She is so funny when she talks to the congregation. She is so at ease. When she refers to a lady in the ward she calls them 'chicks.' She seems to have a very strong testimony. I think she was handpicked by God to be my visiting teaching partner. There was definitely some intervention there. I think God has whispered to a hand full of neat people to guide my family back to church. I guess we are pretty special and blessed that these souls listened to the Spirit.
Someone also did the 12 days of Christmas for our Family. It was so sweet. It was quite exciting wondering what they had left every day. It was nice to open the door and see that someone was thinking of our family.
It is now our families turn to get our butt in gear and get to church and do some service for others. It is now time to learn and enjoy learning together. I really have missed some of my friends there. I miss learning things and then coming home and discussing what we all learned in our classes. I love to talk about what we all learned in class. And to talk about what others in the ward family are doing. I love to be the giver but it was really nice to be the receiver this year. Our 12 days of Christmas family left us yummy treats and cute Christmas towels. My favorite gift they left was a large picture of Jesus. I am so excited to get a frame for it and get it hung on the wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment