Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Toss the Guilt and catch the Joy

I went to the Deseret Book outlet yesterday in South Jordan. I love Deseret Book. I could stay in there and look around for hours. There was this table of really nice novels for $1.99! Yes! I double checked with one of the workers! So, I picked up a few and looked around for some more eye catching on sale items. I bought this book called Toss the Guilt and catch the Joy. The author is Merrilee Boyack. I am only on page 15 but love it already! She really is relating to how I think most mom's and wives feel about their lives and their 'duties.' Women are so hard on themselves. They compare themselves to other women when we don't even know what is really going on behind closed doors. And how those 'perfect' women really feel or how they're really not perfect. We are suppose to do the best we can. We are suppose to keep improving every day. But improving in the way that is possible with our talents and circumstances, not other womens. The perfect couple actually does have issues, we just don't see them. A friend of mine looked to have the 'perfect' relationship but they don't because we all have struggles. Alot of my friends have financial issues, communication issues, health issues, etc. We all have issues. It is up to each one of us to talk to God about these problems. We can't do it on our own, I read that somewhere. :) I try to do things on my own and not talk to Heavenly Father. He is always there to listen. Why don't we take advantage of the opportunity to talk to him anywhere and at anytime? It can be just a few thoughts to him while we are driving, folding laundry, showering, whatever. He will always be there to listen. I have felt his comforting spirit once or twice and I totally felt at peace. Why don't I talk to him every day? I can text to friends several times every day. I can check my email and get on facebook several times a week, if not every day. Why do I think I have to be in the right mind or the right place to pray?

No comments:

Post a Comment